Friday, November 5, 2010

Beginning the blog...


Six weeks left in NYC, so lets spend as much time together as possible, and then it's back to Kentucky!


This is my first attempt at blogging :)  I am coming to the end of my formal pursuit for a classical art education and am getting ready to bring what I have learned back to the Bluegrass State!  It is so sad/difficult/scary to think of leaving this little New York nest of classical artists and going back to a place where artists working for a similar goal have yet to build a similar network.  I have been so lucky to be surrounded by knowledgeable, inspired, enthusiastic artists for the past two and a half years.  Despite my complaining, I will miss even the long conversations full of technique jargon that I still only semi-understand.  And, while it will be nice to not hear the word Munsell for a long time, it will be be very hard not to be in daily contact with the excitement and energy that everyone is putting into making this movement a beautiful living thing.  I have been blessed to have met some of the greatest living artists in the world and some of my closest friends.  Six weeks left in NYC, so lets spend as much time together as possible, and then it's back to Kentucky!


So, this blog for New York to stay in-touch with me, and Kentuckians to connect with me, and anyone else who has an affinity for art, poetry and the Pre-Raphaelites... oh and the awkwardly titled "contemporary classical realists."  

1 comment:

  1. ASH!!!!!! I'm so happy of this, maybe now I would actually work in mine, so we can constantly keep on checking on one another!!!!

    love you girl and see you soon ! :D

    ReplyDelete